Alternative names for the roles
this site always uses the terms Princess and Knight to describe the
female and male roles in Devotional Sex, couples who practice
Devotional Sex are free to use their own terms. There are many
is worth thinking carefully about any alternative terms you might
decide to use. The terms you choose will affect the feel of the overall
dynamic, and this may even effect how your Devotee relationship
The best terms for you will be the ones that capture
how you both feel about your roles, and how you both want Devotional
Sex to fit into your overall lifestyle.
Alternative names for a Princess
name for the female role in Devotional Sex is very important because
the `Knight´ may use this name whenever responding to her
commands and requests.
For example, a Knight might use phrases
such as "Yes, Princess", “Thank-you Princess", and "With
pleasure, Princess" many times a day.
Other names which could be
used instead of Princess (and my interpretation of how these names
could change the flavor of the dynamic) are:
- My Queen - for when the female is a bit more dominant
- Mistress - for a stronger BDSM flavor
- My Lady - gives a slightly formal flavor
- Ma'am - for an even more formal flavor
- Goddess - to emphasize that she is the subject of her Knight's worship
- Her name (eg "Yes Sally") - for those who don't want to use a special term for the role
- Dear (eg "Yes dear") - for a domestic flavor
Alternative names for a Knight
practicing Devotional Sex the name for the Knight's role is not nearly
as important as that of the Princess. This is because when engaging in
Devotional Sex a Princess does not use this term nearly as often as her
Knight will use the word Princess.
Occasions when the Princess
will use the term Knight include when she wants to make it clear that
she is saying something as his Princess (eg "Would my Knight like to
..."), or when she wants to thank him (eg "You are a good Knight").
Other names which could be used instead of Knight (and my interpretation of how these names could change the flavor of the dynamic) are:
- Slave - for a stronger BDSM flavor
- Sir - honoring `her Knight´, and showing that his role deserves respect
- His full name (eg Jonathan instead of Jon) - indicates the role, but not with a special name
- Puppy - a fun pet name that acknowledges that the `Knight´ is always eager to play
If you use a term that I have not included above, please contact me so that I can share your idea with other readers.