Seeking a new name for Devotional Friends

This sub-forum can be read by everyone, and registered users (who are not yet members) can post.

Seeking a new name for Devotional Friends

Postby Devotional Sex » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:51 pm

I'm thinking of giving Devotional Friends a new name. Something that would be more catchy and memorable, and could be used for a book title. So image in a better top line with:

Devotional Friends
a new way for singles to share intimate time together.

It needs to capture the dynamic of what happens, but doesn't need to have to include 'Devotional' which doesn't work as well when there is no relationship.

Devotional Singles works to capture the dynamic, and that it is done by people who are single, but it doesn't capture that it's something two people do together.

A word or two which captures the feeling of two singles being able to share intimate time together would be wonderful.

Perhaps a forum reader can suggest something?

Note that this topic is in the part of the forum which can be read by anyone. See HERE for how you can reply to this post (include how to be anonymous and without registering to the forum).
Please support this website. See HERE for how.
Devotional Sex
Site Admin

Re: Seeking a new name for Devotional Friends

Postby Devotional Sex » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:21 am

This morning's idea is Intimate Singles.

Singles makes clear that this is for those not in a relationship, and Intimate is something that is done with another, and makes clear that this is about connection.

Feedback on this possibility and any other suggestions are very welcome.

PS - On the other hand, using the term 'devotional' makes clear that this is something different and keeps this as Devotional Sex. Which brings me back to either 'Devotional Friends' or 'Devotional Singles'.

Maybe after all this thinking it will stay as Devotional Friends.
Devotional Sex
Site Admin

Postby Devotional Sex » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:10 am

Given it is so hard to find a good book title name, I'm now thinking I might just do:

Devotional Sex for Singles
- a new world of intimacy, pleasure and erotic fun.

Happy for any feedback and suggestions.
Devotional Sex
Site Admin

Postby RevSir » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:37 am

Personally I like the term Devotional Friends, it fits in with the overall dynamic of Devotional Sex and devotional friends is not dissimilar in language to friends with benefits, nor in it's concept of the interplay between the two people.

Singles as a term feels like it could be seen as a stepping stone to a relationship, ie the precursur to devotional dating before devotional relationship, which it might be, but more likely it won't be. Dating apps are marketed at singles as a way to stop being single - which might be where I get the sense of a definition as being pre relationship. I would be hesitant to use the term single to avoid people thinking it's a dating technique.
Life's good - better connection, more sexual and sensual activities - why live any other way.
RevSir
Knight

Postby Mark KL » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:37 am

Devotional Sex wrote:Given it is so hard to find a good book title name, I'm now thinking I might just do:

Devotional Sex for Singles
- a new world of intimacy, pleasure and erotic fun.

Happy for any feedback and suggestions.

I do like this. I assume you are thinking about two different books now? One for couples, one for singles?
Mark KL
Knight

Postby Devotional Sex » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:35 am

Yes, I'm thinking I might do a Devotional Friends book first.

The couples book will be a much bigger book, and thus take much longer to finish, so I'm thinking that it might be useful to get a shorter book out first. This will also let me know if a book can generate any new interest in DevS.

The blurb for the Friends book will say how DevS was developed for loving couples, and that this is well covered by the website. What's not covered by the website is Friends, hence this book first. Hopefully the blurb will send those interested in couples to the website.

My thinking my change. But just now I'm thinking that if my first book gets buried amongst the huge burst of AI written short books on sex, then it's good to know that an eBook for couples isn't the way to go before I write most of it.
Devotional Sex
Site Admin

Return to Public Discussion